International students planning to attend an academic program at Austin Community College must submit all application requirements to the International Student Office by the application deadlines (incomplete applications will NOT be accepted for processing).
F-1 students are eligible to apply for most certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs. Contact the ACC International Student Office for additional questions regarding program choice.
Complete these required application steps, based on your visa type.
To apply to ACC you must have either a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or an ACC-issued Alternate ID.
If you do not have a U.S.-issued Social Security Number, click here to request an Alternate ID number.
If you have a U.S.-issued Social Security Number, or have been issued an ACC Alternate ID, complete the following steps to be admitted into ACC:
- Begin ACC’s online application. Apply Now.
- Create your profile, using your personal email address that you frequently check, not a proxy’s email, nor a family member’s email, nor an agent or agency email.
- Complete an application.
- In the Social Security section:
- Use a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ACC-issued Alternate ID.
- Do not use your home country identification number or a U.S. ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).
- Make sure you select your correct visa or immigration type. If you are applying for the F-1 student visa, choose the visa type F-1.
- In the Social Security section:
Upload the required application documents directly into your application profile, with clear PDF scans of each document, into the appropriate categories. Where multiple forms and documents are required, ensure you scan all documents into one PDF file to upload into the appropriate category. Your application will not be complete until all supplemental documents are received.
Note: Make sure the name on your application matches the name as it appears on your passport. Please notify the office if it is different than how it appears on your transcript.
Upon acceptance, you must submit original transcripts (mark sheets) and the graduation certificate or diploma along with certified English translations to the ISO. If you attended university-level classes, you must submit ALL college and university transcripts and diplomas instead of your high school credentials. See information about transcripts.
Once we receive your required documents, we will notify you via email regarding your application. Allow at least two weeks for processing documents. Read more on the following pages:
- F-1 new student: I live outside the United States and still need to obtain an F-1 student visa.
- F-1 transfer student: I have an F-1 visa in the United States and I want to transfer to ACC.
- F-1 co-enrollment student: I am an F-1 visa student and intend to take ACC classes, while my SEVIS record (I-20) and full-time status remains at another college or university.
- F-2 dependent: I am the child or spouse of an F-1 visa student.
- Other visa types: I lawfully reside in the United States as a temporary worker, diplomat, exchange visitor, under temporary protective status, or other immigrant type.
- Applicant for Permanent Residency: I currently have an I-485 or I-130 application for permanent residency pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Applicant for Asylum: I currently have an I-589 application for asylum status pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
English is the language of instruction at ACC. If English is not your native language, you must submit official scores on a language proficiency exam. See English Proficiency Requirements.
|Test Type||Minimum Score Required|
|IELTS – Academic||6.5 Overall Band Score|
The $100 non-refundable application fee can be paid online. Include your Social Security number or ACC-assigned alternate number.