International Students – Taxes

All international students and their dependents must file at least one U.S. tax form for every year they are present in the U.S.

The form you submit depends on whether you received U.S. income, which includes wages, scholarships, housing stipends, cash awards, etc.

Tax Forms and Deadlines

Did you receive U.S. income last calendar year? Required Forms Deadline
Yes, I earned U.S. income IRS Form 1040NR-EZ or IRS Form 1040NR AND IRS Form 8843 See IRS Deadlines
No, I did not earn U.S. income IRS Form 8843 See IRS Deadlines

ACC employees cannot answer student-specific questions about taxes. Resources for information about taxes and tax filing include:

Non-Resident Tax Preparation Assistance

Sprintax is an online solution for filing your non-resident taxes.  

Volunteer Tax Preparation Assistance

IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)

Back to Top
  • Meet Virtually with the International Student Office

    You can meet with International Student Office staff without an appointment Monday through Friday. See times and other information.

    Join Zoom

    Meeting ID: 995 8669 0635
    Passcode: 640601

  • Back to Top