F-1 Student New Degree Request

An F-1 student who is graduating from an academic program at ACC or returning to ACC after their Optional Practical Training (OPT) has ended must declare their new academic program and submit updated financial documents.

You must visit an Area of Study academic advisor to update and declare a new major. Your Area of Study academic advisor must complete a New Degree Request form and create a degree audit with the newly selected academic major.

Students must enroll full time and may not choose a degree plan in which the major coursework is exclusively online (Marketing, International Business, Real Estate, etc.). Full-time enrollment is defined as:

  • 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester;
  • 6 credit hours if starting the new academic program in a summer semester; and,
  • only one online (distance learning) course, out of the required 12 credit hours, per semester.

In addition to the New Degree Request form and degree audit, an F-1 student must submit a new Statement of Financial Support form and bank statement.

Submit the following documents to the International Student Office to request a Change of Level to a new program:

You may submit documents for Change of Level to a New Program to the International Student Office at [email protected]; however, the office may ask that you submit them in person. Documents must be clean, clear, and legible. The International Student Office will review the request and notify via email upon completion. Allow five business days for processing.

Request to Add Second Major

Please see instructions for I-20 Change of Major.

Back to Top
  • Meet Virtually with the International Student Office

    You can meet with International Student Office staff without an appointment Monday through Friday. See times and other information.

    Join Zoom

    Meeting ID: 995 8669 0635
    Passcode: 640601

  • Back to Top