An F-1 visa international student at Austin Community College must review and complete certain requirements to obtain approval to concurrently enroll (co-enroll) in classes at another college or university while maintaining a SEVIS record (I-20) with ACC. An F-1 student must not co-enroll at another institution without prior approval from the ACC International Student Office.
- Complete and submit the F-1 Co-Enrollment Authorization Form.
- Enroll/register in the requested course(s) at the other college or university.
- Attendance at the other college or university does not occur without prior approval from the ACC International Student Office. Failure to receive prior written permission may result in a violation of your F-1 student visa status and termination of your SEVIS record (I-20).
- Ensure the combined credit hours enrolled at ACC and the other college or university adds up to a full course of study, with a minimum of 12 credit hours, each fall and spring semesters. Summer semester enrollment is not required at ACC, unless you are starting ACC in the summer semester, in which case a full course of study requires enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Ensure at least half of the total credit hours are taken at ACC, a minimum of 6 credit hours (see #4 regarding summer enrollment).
- Only one online/distance learning course, no more than 3 credit hours, may be counted towards a student’s full-time enrollment per semester.
- The coursework at the other college or university cannot be avocational and should fulfill degree requirements at ACC or university transfer requirements.
F-1 Co-Enrollment Authorization Deadline
An F-1 student must submit the completed F-1 Co-Enrollment Authorization Form prior to the first class day of the semester in which they would like to co-enroll.
Applying to Austin Community College as an F-1 C0-Enrollment Student
If you are a prospective F-1 international student looking to co-enroll at ACC, please review the application requirements as an F-1 Co-Enrollment student.Back to Top