Graduation Questions & Answers

Applying to Graduate

What happens if I miss the deadline?

Your application will be processed after the next semester’s graduation application deadline.

How will I know whether my application has been received?

You will receive a confirmation of you application via ACCmail.

What should I do if I have questions?

Contact your assigned faculty advisor or an any campus Advising Office.

What should I do if I've completed more than one area of study?

You may select each program when you complete your graduation application.

Can I receive more than one degree?

Students may earn certificates before or during the same semester they earn the Associate of Applied Science degree in the same concentration. Students may earn multiple Associate of Applied Science degrees.

Students may earn a second transfer degree of the same type (AA, AS) as long as 12 credit hours of coursework are unique to the subsequent degree(s). The unique coursework requirement will be waived for students who previously earned a degree in General Studies.

If I don't finish requirements, will be application carry over to the next term?

Not automatically, however, you can request that your application be moved to the next term. Contact the Graduation Office at [email protected] so your application may be moved to the appropriate term.

What if I finish my degree in one term but don't apply until later?

Your degree will be awarded the semester you submit your graduation application, and degree awarding begins the last day of the semester.

Why do I have to apply for graduation?

Your graduation application signals the college to begin an official degree audit. It also tells us that it’s time to order your diploma.

What is a degree audit?

A degree audit is the process of checking your records to verify you have met all of the requirements for graduation. This includes making sure that transfer courses and substitutions have been properly applied to your degree or certificate program. The Graduation Office completes an official degree audit when you apply to graduate. You may complete an unofficial degree audit/program evaluation through Online Services.

Graduation/Degree Requirements

What is my catalog in effect?

Your catalog in effect is the catalog you have been following to meet degree requirements. View Catalog

You must complete no less than 25 percent of your ACC program of study in regular classroom classes or Distance Learning classes. These are considered in residence classes. CLEP, AP, course challenges, or military training will not meet the in residence rule. This is an accreditation authority requirement.

My program evaluation says courses aren't completed. What should I do?

Request a transcript evaluation to ensure ACC has received all your transferred credit, credit by exam, or previous degree credit. You may also want to talk to your instructional department or division office.

Contact your instructional department or division office. General studies majors should contact any campus Advising Office.

I have an Incomplete (I) grade on my transcript. Can I still apply to graduate?

Courses that have Incomplete or Audited (I or AU on your transcript) cannot be used to fulfill degree or certificate requirements.

ACC Diploma

When will I receive my diploma or certificate?

Parchment, ACC’s diploma printer, will mail your diploma to the address listed on the graduation application eight to ten weeks following the end of the semester. Confirm your current address with the Graduation Office before the last day of the semester you intend to graduate.

Can I pick up my diploma instead of having it mailed to me?

You cannot pick up your diploma in person; all diplomas are delivered by mail by ACC’s diplomas printer.

At the end of each semester, the Graduation Office orders diplomas. The diplomas are mailed to the address on your graduation application by Parchment. ACC’s diploma services company. Important: Confirm your current address with the Graduation Office before end of semester.

Allow eight to 10 weeks for processing official degree and certificate diplomas.

Can I get additional copies of my diploma?

Yes. For a small fee, you can order replacement or duplicate copies of your diploma. After ordering your replacement diploma, you can set up an account with Parchment, ACC’s diploma services company, to receive electronic credentials in addition to your physical diploma.

Summer 2020 graduates and after: You can also get electronic credentials by setting up an account with Parchment. You will receive instructions via your ACC email account after the Graduation Office submits the diploma order.

Back to Top
  • Join Our Virtual Admissions and Enrollment Office

    You can join us on Zoom anytime Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to get answers to your questions! No appointments needed.

  • Back to Top