Take These Steps to Obtain your Degree or Certificate
Are you ready to graduate? We’ll take you through the process, from applying for graduation to receiving your diploma. See how to submit your graduation application below.
ACC’s Graduation Office also identifies potential graduation candidates during the semester. The college will email you if you have been identified in this process. If you have not heard from the Graduation Office and believe you have completed all of your degree requirements, please complete the graduation application to have your records reviewed.
Observe the Deadlines
Applications received after the deadline are processed for the following semester.
|If you plan to graduate in…||Your graduation application is due by…|
Meet Degree & College Requirements
To be eligible for graduation with your associate degree or certificate, you must:
- Fulfill all degree plan coursework and credit requirements as outlined in your catalog in effect.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to confirm your eligibility.
- Earn a grade point average of at least 2.00.
- Complete at least 25 percent of the required credit at ACC.
- Be TSI-complete or provide certification of your state-approved assessment.
- Submit official transcripts from other colleges attended (unless you already did so).
- Resolve all financial obligations to the college and return all borrowed materials.
- Have a 2.0 GPA on transfer coursework used toward meeting graduation requirements.
Apply for Graduation
- Login to MyACC, and under the Degree Planning header click Graduation Application.
- Check the box next to your degree, review and update your information.
- Click Submit.
- Read the confirmation page information, then click OK. You will receive confirmation of your application via ACCmail.
The Graduation Office will audit your record and alert you to the findings. You will receive an email that indicates one of the following statuses. Allow three weeks for processing following your application submission or the start of the semester.
Application/Official Degree Audit Statuses
|All requirements met||You have completed all requirements necessary to graduate.|
|Pending requirements||Upon successfully completing your current enrollment, you will complete all requirements necessary to graduate.|
|Not all requirements have been met||You must complete additional courses in order to graduate.|
ACC holds commencement ceremonies in May and December. Students who graduate in the summer semester are invited to the December ceremony. There is no fee for graduation, but students must purchase a cap and gown for in-person ceremonies. The ACC Bookstore sells graduation caps, gowns, and invitations. See the commencement webpage for important details.
Receive your Diploma or Certificate
Following commencement, ACC’s diploma services company (Parchment) will mail your paper diploma to the address on your graduation application. Important: Confirm your mailing address and contact the Graduation Office with any updates.
Graduates will receive an email to download and share a digital image of their diploma and digital credentials.
Allow four to six weeks for processing official degree and certificate diplomas.
Highland Business Center
M-Th: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
F: 8 a.m. – noon