Transcript Evaluation

Austin Community College will initiate transcript evaluations for non-degreed transcripts. Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited college or university or military training or service. You can view approved transfer credits on your official transcript or how your credits affect your current academic program in Self Service under My Progress. See the ACC Catalog for transfer credit limitations and other information.

Lower-division Credit Reviewed

ACC offers freshman- and sophomore-level coursework, therefore, transfer courses of the same level will be evaluated. Contact your instructional program if you wish to have upper-division coursework evaluated for degree purposes.

College Graduate Optional Evaluation

If you have already earned a college degree, transcript evaluation is not automatic. You may contact the Transcript Evaluation Office to request a transcript evaluation [email protected].

Questions & Answers

Will my high school transcript be evaluated if I complete college-level courses?

Our office only evaluates college transcripts for coursework completed.

How can I tell if a school is regionally accredited and the credit can be transferred to ACC?

Most transcripts will state the most up to date accreditation status in the key located on the back of the transcript.

The following are the ONLY accreditation agencies that ACC will accept:

  • Higher Learning Commission (formerly the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Colleges)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • Association for Biblical Higher Education (formerly Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges)

Note: If a school was unaccredited at any time, transfer work taken during the unaccredited time is non-transferable. Currently, ACC does not accept credit from non-regionally accredited online learning services, as per ACC’s transfer credit awarding policy. See the ACC catalog for transfer credit limitations and other information.

Do I have to register before my transcript from another college will be considered for evaluation?

No, you do not have to be registered or have attended ACC in the past to have your transcript evaluated. However, if you earned a degree you must request your college transcript to be evaluated. Official transcripts must be received prior to an evaluation. Please email [email protected] from your ACCmail to request a transcript evaluation. You may continue to register and attend classes while your transcript(s) are being evaluated.

What courses does ACC evaluate for credit?

ACC evaluates all eligible freshman and sophomore undergraduate courses for possible transfer of credit. You may not select which course(s) will be evaluated. You must have earned a C or above to earn credit. Consult your instructional program or area to request consideration of junior and senior undergraduate courses.

What is the conversion scale from quarter to semester hours?

One quarter hour is approximately 2/3 semester hour when transferred. Quarter to Semester Conversions

Quarter Hours Semester Hours
1 0.67
2 1.33
3 2.01
4 2.67
5 3.33
6 4.01

Why did I get hour credit instead of a direct ACC course credit?

To get direct credit for a specific ACC course, the transfer course must meet the minimum requirements:

  1. Meets or exceeds the number of semester hours
  2. Covers the same topics
  3. Exceeds developmental instructional level

For example, a 4-credit English course from an institution under a quarter system equates to 2.67 semester credit hours. It does not meet the minimum of 3 semester hours required to be equivalent to ACC’s English courses.

Are international college and university transcripts evaluated?

Yes, if the student is a U.S. citizen or holds a Permanent Resident card, the student can bring the original documents (transcripts and diplomas) along with a certified translation (if originals are not in English) to any Admissions and Enrollment Office.

If the student is an International student or holds any form of VISA, the student must speak with the International Student Office at the Riverside or Round Rock campuses. The requirements for the original documents are the same as above.

We can accept credit from any international school accredited by the Ministry of Education.

What international documents should I bring to Admissions and Enrollment?

Certified digital transcripts of academic documents, such as those provided by Digitary or My eQuals are accepted by ACC.

Students can see if their school uses one of these by going to:

Original documents issued by the institution itself are required. Any photo copies or pictures of these documents will not be accepted. Admissions staff will make a copy and return the originals back to you.

Transcripts are required to complete your application. Any degrees earned and stated as such on the transcript will be applied to your student record. A diploma can be used, in addition to the transcript, to confirm a degree was awarded.

If the original document is not already in English, a professional translation is required. Certified translators may be found at or

International students may be required to submit additional documents to the International Student Office.

Do I need to submit my military transcripts to get credit for military service?

If you’d like your military JST evaluated, you need to submit official transcripts.

Can I get credit for all of my military courses or service?

You may only receive up to 30 credits for military training and service in combination with other non-institutional coursework. More information can be found in the ACC Catalog. ACC uses the American Council on Education (ACE) reference guide to award credit for military training and courses only. ACC’s instructional programs have the final authority on awarding credit.

Following ACE recommendations, ACC does not award credit for Vocational Certificate category courses.

For additional information about active military servicemember support services please see Active Duty Service Members Information.

Where do I request a military transcript?

Air Force – Order transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force.

Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy – Order transcripts from the Joint Services Transcript System.

How can I send my AP/CLEP/IB scores to ACC?

To receive credit, you must provide the Admissions and Enrollment office with official test scores sent directly from the testing service.

  • AP: to order official test scores go to AP Portal
  • CLEP: to order official test scores go to the CLEP Portal and select My CLEP account
  • IB: to order a transcript go to the IB Portal

Austin Community College AP and CLEP code: 6759

When will be AP/CLEP/IB credits be evaluated?

Non-institutional exam credits are evaluated in the order received.  You will be notified via email when credit has been added to your record. 

Note: If you only have non-institutional credit, ACC issued transcripts will not be generated without an ACC course.

What is an Academic Fresh Start?

If you’re a Texas resident and apply for admission to Texas public colleges or universities as an undergraduate, you may be able to begin a new course of study with a clear academic record. If you have credits for college courses taken ten or more years prior to the planned enrollment date, you may invoke the Academic Fresh Start at the time of application with ACC. Official college transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities are required.

This means that courses taken previously:

  • Cannot be used to fulfill new prerequisite requirements;
  • Cannot be counted toward your new degree; and
  • May not be used for TSI completion.

Note: You cannot pick and choose which courses to apply the Academic Fresh Start. ACC does not combine transfer and ACC GPAs. An Academic Fresh Start clears only your academic record, not the number of semesters you have been in higher education as they apply to financial aid. Please contact ACC’s Financial Aid Office for details.

Back to Top
  • Join Our Virtual Admissions and Enrollment Office

    You can join us on Zoom anytime Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to get answers to your questions! No appointments needed.

  • Contact Us

    Hours of Operation

  • Back to Top