ACC adheres to the Texas Education Code for tuition and fees refunds.
IMPORTANT: Review the consequences of dropping or withdrawing from a class.
College Credit Tuition & Fee Refunds
- Dropping a class may entitle you to either an 100%, 70%, 25%, or 0% refund (depending on when the class is dropped during the registration period). For more information regarding refunds percentages, view Additional Session information.
- Refunds for dropped classes will be processed twice weekly until the semester tuition deadline for your registration period.
- During the semester registration period, refunds will not be processed the week before any payment deadline.
- College credit tuition/fee refund deadlines are posted on the Registration and Important Dates.
- Select your refund preference (see below) in advance to avoid delays in receiving your refund.
Continuing Education Tuition & Fee Refunds
Continuing Education tuition/fee refund deadlines will be posted on Continuing Education refund policy page as soon as available.
First Day Book Fee Refunds
To opt-out of the First Day book fee submit your request through your course’s site on Blackboard. Requests to opt-out or to cancel your opt-out must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the census date for every semester or additional session. Please note that refunds will be issued 15 days after the last day to opt-out.
Select Your Refund Preference
ACC delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.
It is important to choose a refund delivery preference whether or not you currently expect a refund. Visit refundselection.com and click “Need a Code” to begin the refund preference selection process.
For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
- Credit card refunds will appear on your monthly statement. You are responsible for interest charged to the credit card account while the refund is processed.
- Refunds of third-party or sponsor payments are sent back to those payers, See other payment arrangements for third-party information.
- We deduct any debt owed to the college before issuing a refund.
Refund Questions and Answers
The types of money refunded to students may include reimbursement for tuition overpayment or a dropped class. The most common type of money refunded to students are funds remaining from financial aid awards, loans or grants after tuition has been paid.
Refunds for overpayment or a dropped class made by credit card will be returned to the original card used. Refunds of any other type are disbursed by ACC through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. according to the refund preference you selected with BankMobile Disbursements. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.