For more information about commencement, refer to your ACC Graduation Info Packet or email us at [email protected].
Congratulations on achieving this milestone!
Austin Community College holds a commencement ceremony at the end of each fall and spring semester. There is no fee for graduation, but each graduate must purchase a cap and gown for the ceremony. All graduates receive an emailed invitation with the individual link to RSVP to attend the ceremony.
We want your commencement ceremony to be a pleasant, meaningful experience. Please review the following helpful information to make your commencement a success.
The ceremony is livestreamed on the ACC website and recorded for future viewing.
The HEB Center enforces a bag policy for all guests. See information about HEB Center policies. Additionally, the HEB Center does not allow guests to carry in gifts, helium balloons, or signs.
- Graduation rehearsal is at the HEB Center-Cedar Park at 9 a.m. sharp. It lasts about one hour.
- Graduates enter through the rear entrance of the Center. See Parking and Graduate Entrance Map
- Instructions for graduate line-up, seating assignments, and the presentation on stage are given at rehearsal.
- Information about accommodations for graduates and/or guests with disabilities will be provided.
- Caps and gowns are not required for rehearsal.
- If you cannot attend rehearsal, please read the information below before the ceremony.
Arrival & Check-in
- Graduates should arrive and be entering into the Center no later than 5 p.m. Travel time to the HEB Cedar Park center varies across the area. Allow extra travel time so you don’t miss this important event.
- Graduates will gather in the designated area at the rear staging entrance to the Center (map ink.) All graduates will bring their cap and gown.
- Attendants will direct you to the correct table for check-in. No guests or children are allowed; please see ACC commencement information.
- Upon check-in, you will receive “reader” cards with your name. Present these cards to announcers before you cross the stage.
- Plan to leave purses and other valuables with family or friends. The Center does not have secure storage areas for participants.
Caps & Gowns
To participate in commencement, you must be dressed in the appropriate cap and gown. You can purchase graduation caps, tassels, and black gowns from the ACC Bookstore at Highland, Riverside, and Round Rock campuses. The cost of graduation wear is about $65.00. Only ACC-authorized academic regalia, including honor cords and stoles, may be worn by graduates.
If you have access to a black cap and gown in good condition, you may wear them. You still must purchase the tassel.
- You must present your graduation email at the bookstore to purchase graduation wear. Invitations are sent to eligible graduates approximately six weeks before commencement.
- The graduation office has a limited number of donated caps and gowns that may be borrowed for the evening on a first-come basis. Please contact the office at [email protected] for availability
- Select a tassel color according to your degree:
- Apricot: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Lemon: Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Information Technology
- White: Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Gold: Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Certificate
- Black: GED
If you do not wish to keep your regalia you may donate it to the college — it’s the “green” thing to do! All donated regalia will be made available to future graduates who would be unable to attend graduation without it.
Please make child care arrangements well in advance. Children are not allowed to sit with graduates or wander the arena unsupervised during the ceremony.
Diplomas are mailed 10 to 12 weeks after the end of each semester. If you move in the meantime, please update your address by sending an email from your ACCmail account to [email protected] with your name, ID number, and new address.
December commencement is open to students who received a degree or certificate in the preceding summer semester or candidates who apply to graduate in the fall. May commencement is open to degree/certificate candidates who apply for the spring.
You can purchase commencement invitations online only. Balfour packages popular items for easy ordering. Each package contains:
- personalized photo announcements
- thank you notes
- envelope seals
- return address labels
- photo announcement cover
Graduates may also order additional individual items. Visit CB Announcements/Balfour to place your order.
Parking is available at no charge at the HEB Cedar Park Center.
A professional photographer will take photographs as you walk across the stage to receive your diploma cover, and after you exit the stage. Graduate images will be posted on the photographer’s website 2-5 days after the commencement ceremony. Proofs are mailed 1-2 weeks after the commencement ceremony, and emailed to the address on your reader card. You are not obligated to purchase.
For everyone’s safety and convenience, graduates must remain at their seats before and after being called to the stage for the duration of the program. Graduates may take photographs from their seats. Graduates may not move about the arena floor, the stage, or backstage to take photographs, nor should graduates take photographs during the procession or while walking across the stage.
College personnel will organize the procession; you are asked to carefully follow their instructions at all times. Do not stop before you arrive at your seat.
IMPORTANT: Graduates must remain seated in place until the ceremony concludes with the recessional music. If you arrive after the processional, ushers will seat you if you are wearing your cap and gown.
Smoking, Food, and Drink Prohibited
Smoking, food, and drink are prohibited on the arena floor. A reception with light refreshments will be held on the Center concourse following the ceremony.Back to Top